Hot Sauce Making for Beginners 🌶🔥
Wed, 29th Sep 2021
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (AEST)
What To Expect
Some like it hot... 'cause everything is better with a little fire! 😎 If you're one who loves hot sauce more than the food you slather it on, then this workshop is for you! 🌶
In this workshop you'll learn the history and technique of fermented hot sauce making. By the end of the session you'll have two hot sauces brewing away in your kitchen, no fancy gear or experience needed. We'll be making a zesty Green Apple Jalepeño hot sauce & a Habanero Carrot hot sauce. 🥕 Both are fabulous, fresh & easy!
Besides being affordable and easy to make, fermented hot sauces are filled with gut-loving probiotics, vitamins, and antioxidants. They add a delightful zing to burgers, pizza, soups, toasties, chilli, and more. No matter what the question, the answer should always be HOT SAUCE! 🔥
All participants will be e-mailed the recipes before the class - please have these accessible for the session. The Zoom link will be sent in the same e-mail.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 220g fresh green jalapenos (~4-8 jalapenos, depending on size)
- 3-6 fresh habaneros (can substitute with red cayenne)
- 225g carrots (~3-4 medium carrots, orange or yellow)
- 1.5 medium onion (brown or white)
- 7-8 garlic cloves
- 1 Granny Smith apple (or other variety)
- 1 lime
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander (optional)
- 3 tablespoons non-iodized salt
Note: Please get as fresh and firm of ingredients as you can (buy on day of or day before if possible).
- 2x 1 litre glass jars (or 4x 500ml jars)
- 2x glass ferment weights OR clean sandwich bags
- Gloves (recommended for cutting the chillies)
- Cutting board & knife
- 1 large bowl
- Measuring spoons & cups
- Blender or food processor (won't need until hot sauce is finished 1-2 weeks later)
- Bottles for finished hot sauce (won't need until hot sauce is finished 1-2 weeks later - can also just store in jars used to ferment)
If a lifetime supply of hot sauce is your idea of a good time, then don't miss out on this session. Spots are limited. No experience fermenting needed, newbies welcomed. See you there!
For a faster checkout