Fermented Drinks 🍹🍓🍺
Thu, 7th Oct 2021
7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (AEDT)
What To Expect
Bubbly, bright, and ALIVE – fermented drinks not only taste good, they feel good too! Fermentation is a natural process that transforms fruit, veggies, and water into flavourful fizzy drinks filled with gut-loving probiotics. 💕 Join this session and make your own at home!
In this workshop you'll learn to make THREE fermented beverages. All are vegan, gluten-free and low alcohol (less than 2%). First up, ginger beer – a bitey, refreshing drink that contains raw ginger, known to have anti-inflammatory properties. Next, pink and delicate Strawberry Kvass – a sparkly little number that's gorgeous on its own or as a mixer. 🍓 Finally, deep and earthy Beet Kvass, an Eastern European drink that's rich in antioxidants. 🙌🏻
No fermenting experience needed and only simple gear is required (see list below). Create an endless supply of gut-loving beverages good for the body, gut, and mind. Recipes and a Zoom link will be sent to all attendees.
Stop overspending on drinks that are filled with dyes, additives, and packaged in plastic! Make your own beautiful fermented beverages that are friendly on the earth, your wallet, and your body. See you there! 👋🏻
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5-inches of fresh organic ginger, skin on
- 500g strawberries – organic ideal
- 1 large beet (or 2-3 medium beets) – organic ideal
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon non-iodized salt
- 2.25 litres water
- 2x 2-litre glass jars (or a combination of 500ml and 1-litre jars totalling 4 litres)
- 1x 400ml (or bigger) glass jar
- 3x paper towel or cheesecloth + rubber bands
- Kettle + 2 containers that can hold 1 litre hot water (e.g. pots, glass bowls)
- 3x 1-litre swing-top glass bottles (won't need until several days after the workshop)
- Funnel + strainer (won't need until several days after the workshop)
If you have any questions about these ingredients or equipment, don't hesitate to ask!
For a faster checkout